Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day 14

Day 14: A song from my childhood

Ok, so my childhood was a very musical one. My dad was a radio DJ for one of the largest stations in Atlanta and my mom has pretty much always been in some type of band since she was 15 years old so we always had music around us. That being said, I have never really been one to want CDs or cassettes from back in the day. I was just content listening to the music on the radio because it was a great variety and I never even really cared about who wrote what songs. Anyways, there are two songs that I think about when I think back to my childhood. The first, and I don't know the exact title, but it's that song "You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet". "BAH BAH B-B-B-B-Baby, you just ain't seen n-n-nothin yet BAH BAH" HAHA! Anyways, for some reason I got a cassette tape from Dominos Pizza when I was about 7 or 8 and I listened to it ALL THE TIME. It had that song on it and "Tequila!" and a bunch of other "summer" songs. I thought I was so cool but until Ace of Base in Fifth Grade, I didn't own another cassette tape, that I can remember.

The other song that stands out in my head is "WHOMP, there it is!" My friend that lived up the street, Lauren, had this on a cassette tape and we used to listen to it all the time. I can remember MANY sleep overs at Lauren's house where we would listen to that one song over and over and over again.

Those are two songs that really stand out in the thousands that I could list from my childhood. Hope you enjoyed that! (And I hope that I got at least one of those songs stuck in your head!) :0)

The other song

No comments: