Day 13: Whatever tickles your fancy
Ok, so today I have a couple of things I want to talk about. First of all, we went to a place called The Little Gym today because we got a free introductory visit. It is a little place for kids to learn gymnastics and all kinds of fun stuff with mats and the like. Avery had a great time! He learned how to do a forward and backward roll and he got to hang on the bars and walk forward and backward on the balance beam. It was a lot of fun, especially because it was free. I don't know if we'll go back because it was just like a play date and it costs about $16 per visit (for a 45 minute session). While that's not a ton of money, right now we're trying to cut back as much as we can and I can't really justify spending $67 a month for play dates when Avery has friends in the neighborhood that he can play with for free. Plus, I didn't really feel like I fit in with some of the moms. That's probably my issue more than anything but I didn't feel like I was up to par with some of the women there.
Ok, next, I have decided to start clipping coupons. Jessica got me into it and it seems like a lot of work. I don't think I'll do it to the extreme that she does. No, Jess, it's not a bad thing that you do--I just don't know that I have the time or energy to put as much effort into it!! :o) I wish I did but I just don't. But I do plan on clipping coupons and saving where I can. I'm thinking about moving my prescriptions to Walgreens so I can get the deals there when I'm there to get the scripts without having to make a separate trip, but we'll see. I have to see if they will honor the same price for Nala's crazy medicine because when I originally called around, Walmart was the only one that would give it to me for $3 a month. It is kind of a rush to find all the coupons in the Sunday paper and know that I can get some really good deals on stuff. I'm also going to be printing some coupons off the internet but one of my neighbors told me that our Ingles would only accept 3 internet coupons in each transaction so I'm going to have to check up on that. I have no doubts that she was told that but I need to check with Ingles to make sure the cashier wasn't just being difficult that day. Because I want to save us money. Rick is worried about money a lot since we are living off of one income but we have determined that even if I got a job, at this point, we would probably still be close to breaking even after paying for daycare and student loans so we've decided that unless something that pays really, really good comes along, I'm going to stay home. And I love staying home. I love that I can get everything done around the house, I love spending the days with my (big) little guy and I love being able to go see Rick whenever he can see us, at the drop of a hat. And if I had a job, all of those things wouldn't be possible.
The final thing I wanted to talk about today was trying to find a way to make a little extra money. I want to be able to do something that I can do at home, whenever I have free time, but that can make me some extra money. I don't know what that is but I'm always up for looking into opportunities. I'm not wanting to do one of those "pay us and we'll get you a stay at home job" things, but something that I can do from home. We'll see if something pans out and if it doesn't, I'll just be happy couponing it up and saving where I can! Hope you've enjoyed my random babbling!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment