Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day 28

Day 28: Your favorite places to shop

Well I love to go to places like Bed, Bath & Beyond, Pier 1 and World Market. I don't generally buy a whole lot in these stores but there are so many neat things to look at, I could walk around for a long time. In terms of going places where I buy stuff, I would say the J. Crew sale that we have here in Asheville. They do a sample sale at the warehouse every month and it's crazy! They have everything in boxes, men on one side, women on one side and kids on one side. You just dig and dig and dig! But they are great deals. Shirts for $8, pants for $10 and so on. It's a lot of fun because you can find some great deals. I think Rick and I have spent a total of like $300 or so there but we've gotten probably $1500-$2000 worth of J. Crew stuff. For example, I got Avery a cashmere (cashmere!!) sweater for $2 ($2!!!). If you find anything that's redline, it's $2, regardless of what it is. So that sweater was redline and awesome. It's a lot of work to go there and I think that's also why it's so much fun. You have to get there like an hour early to stand in line so you know you're in the first group in (because of the fire marshall, there is a limit of 200 people at a time) and then you get a big trash bag and throw stuff in when you find it. Then you go stand in a spot and start trying stuff on. Generally people wear skirts or spandex and tank tops so you can try stuff on over the them. There are no dressing rooms because it's a factory. So then you stand there and what you don't want goes in your discard pile and other people come around and dig through your discard pile. Also, if you go and stand near someone who is about your size, you can trade stuff. It's awesome! This is probably my favorite shopping experience. :o)

2 comments:

Haley said...

That sounds insane! You'll have to let me know if they have one of those sales in the spring (when I can wear real clothes again!) and it will be the perfect excuse for a visit!

Kristen said...

I'm going to try to see if they have a yearly schedule because I usually just get an email the week or so before it happens. It's usually close to the end of the month and always a Saturday/Sunday thing. You guys are welcome to come anytime!! And the guys could keep the kids while we went and SHOPPED! :o)