Well, I start back to work tomorrow. Avery was 6 weeks on Wednesday and I really don't want to go back to work. :o( I'm going to miss him so much during the day but I know he's going to be in good hands. He's going to be staying with our friend Becky. Becky is a stay at home mom of a 2 1/2 year old and her husband is a fourth year dental student. She is GREAT with kids and I can't wait to see how much she teaches my little man in this first year that she'll have him. So I drop him off for the first time tomorrow and we'll see how many times throughout the day I call her!! :o)
As for being a parent...it is the best thing in the world. I think my favorite part is seeing Rick be a daddy. He loves his "little ittle man." As I type this, he is snuggled up on the couch asleep with Avery asleep on his chest. It really warms my heart to hear Rick read Avery a bedtime story and to hear him sing to Avery. One of his favorite songs is "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" and he "rows" with Avery's arms. It's adorable! Until Avery was born, Rick seemed a little detached frmo the baby, but only because he didn't really get the full experience of feeling him move every day like I did. But the second Avery popped out, he's been a dad. He just wanted to hold him all the time we were in the hospital. Of course, that was when I would let him. haha!
And this weekend, I spent a long time with Jerrie scrapbooking for Avery's first scrapbook. I am going to cover us finding out we were pregnant through his first 6 weeks of life. I never thought I would say this but, here goes....I'M ADDICTED TO SCRAPBOOKING!!! It was so much fun. And now that I have a child, I will most likely constantly be scrapbooking. Now I know why Jerrie has so much "crap" for her scrapbooking. It takes a lot of room to scrapbook! We were sprawled all over the kitchen table and still didn't have enough room. I will hopefully have the scrapbook close to being done before I bring him home to meet his great aunts and uncles and great grandma. I can't wait to show everybody!
And the last thing, Avery smiled at me for the first time on Friday. It caught me by surprise so much! I almost cried, it was just so neat. And then he was smiling for Jerrie yesterday. Rick still hasn't had the joy of seeing him smile but I'm sure that when he does, it will melt his heart!
Well a friend of mine had updated her blog so I decided I should probably update mine and this is what's been going on in our lives right now. I hope you enjoy and I can't wait for everybody back home to meet him. Depending on Rick's call schedule, we're hoping to come home sometime in September to see everybody. I hope you enjoy the update and I'll try to update every few weeks with pictures and news. :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You brought back fond memories!! You made me cry. I am so excited to see my greatgrandson. I'm so very lucky to have you three.
Awww!!! He's excited to meet his great grandma! I hope that we're able to make it over there soon so everybody gets a chance to meet him. :o)
Post a Comment