Thursday, June 25, 2009

Check Up

Today I had what I thought would be my last check up, and I'll be 39 weeks on Saturday. I saw my doctor and she said not much has changed, I might be slightly more dilated, but 1 centimeter at most, which is where I've been the last two weeks. She did say that the baby was even lower but that everything else was "high" meaning not really ready. So she decided she would like me to come in on Monday and see a partner in her group that can measure me again then. Depending on what that doctor says will determine when they have me come in to get things started. She said she was thinking she'll probably have me come in on Tuesday night to start cervadil and then she would come in Wednesday morning and break my water to get labor going once everything was more ready. Part of me is a little disappointed because I don't know a definite right now but I think that's mostly just my anxiety starting to kick in! I do know though that I will have a little boy on Wednesday! One thing my doctor did say was that family probably shouldn't come up to the hospital too early because it will take a while. I don't want people to just have to come to the hospital and stare at me for hours! :o) So I think our house will be open for people to hang out and relax and then we can let everybody know when the real fun has begun. Anyways, this is the update I have for today and I'm ready to meet this little man! Oh and only one more day of work before my leave. WOO HOO!! I'll update you all again on Monday!

No comments: