Friday, June 19, 2009

37 week appt

Ok, so I had my 37 week appointment this morning and everything went well. The last few days have been really uncomfortable for me because there has been a lot of pressure and pain when I get up and down and when I walk. I figured it was just because the baby was dropping but it's killer! So I told my doctor that this morning and when she checked me, she said he had dropped "a good bit" since last week but that nothing else had changed. She said everything looked great though.

Then she started talking about how she was going to be out of town the week before the 4th of July (my due date) so we were trying to figure out how to handle that. She said "I assume you'd rather progress naturally than be induced?" I said "No! I actually told my husband I was going to try to convince you to induce me today." :o) So we started talking about induction and I told her that I would much rather be induced (as long as everybody was healthy) and know for a fact that she would be here to deliver the baby than wait for it naturally and her be out of town. So she then called me back once I got to work and told me she had scheduled me for induction on July 1. She was going to try to get me in on June 25 but she didn't have any more spots, which is fine because Rick has a Test on June 26 so it works out perfectly! So July 1 is the day and it's such a relief to know and be able to plan accordingly. That's not to say that he might not come earlier but it still nice to know and have an exact countdown. And the other great thing about him coming that day is that Rick will have a few days before he has to start back to school so we can all get acclimated as a family. :o) The doctor also talked about, depending on how I was progressing on my own at my next appointment that she might have me come in Tuesday June 30 to to soften everything up before the actual induction. Anyways, I just wanted to give everybody an update and let you know what's going on! Talk to you all soon!

No comments: