So I noticed on Hannah's blog from a few days (or weeks, I'm not sure) back that Ellie wasn't sleeping through the night. I could totally understand her frustration because Avery is doing the exact same thing. He has been doing it for a few months now, probably 3 months and it's soooooo frustrating. Like Hannah said, they are not infants, this should not be happening. Last night he woke up twice. Both times I just went in there, pulled him back to the middle of his crib and gave him his pacifier, which was right next to his face, and he went back to sleep without a peep. I don't understand why, at almost 19 months, he can't do this himself. He is a big boy and he never has a hard time finding his pacifier. And yes, we still use a pacifier, but only during naps and bed time. We usually have it with us when we go out just in case he decides to lose his mind. And I know, I know, they should lose the pacifier but what I've read recently is that they can keep it up until about two and then they understand that they are giving it away. For instance, you can have them buy something with it at the store like their favorite toy or have them leave it for the Pacifier Fairy that gives pacifiers to babies that need it. Right now, he would just think I was being mean by taking it away.
Ok, stepping off my soap box. Back to Avery not sleeping. I don't know what else to do. We have tried the crying it out on his own method but he just gets louder and more awake so I have found that the quicker I go in there, the quicker he goes back to sleep. I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't jump out of bed the second he makes a sound and go in there to him. I give him a few minutes but if he actually cries, I go in there right when he starts. We have tried an earlier bed time and a later bedtime, going from 2 naps to 1 nap a day and nothing seems to make a difference. It's pretty much random when he decides he's not going to sleep through the night. If anyone has any other suggestions, let me know!
On another note, I have a couple of prospects for watching some kids at my house during the week and I'm really excited about it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it works out because the family is great! The mom works with Rick so it's not just a random person we met on the street. :o) This will be a great way for me to feel like I'm contributing to our family financially and it will also be a great way for Avery to have a little more socialization. We go to playgroup once a week and he loves that but the more socialization, the better, if you ask me. Anyways, if all of you readers (I'm sure there aren't many, if any) can keep your fingers and toes crossed for me tonight that would be great. We are going to hammer out the details in one of our favorite restaurants for dinner.
Well, hope you enjoyed another day in the life of the Loftis Trio. :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment