Sunday, January 24, 2010

It's been a while...

Ok, so it's been a while since I've posted on the blog. Sorry!! Things are going really well. Avery is almost 7 months old now....no I can't believe it!! He is getting so big. He weighs about 21 pounds now and he is sitting up on his own. We don't walk away from him when he is though because if he falls, he hits his head. But he is doing so well. He seems to be pretty close to crawling. At least he's very interested in it. He can crawl all over Rick and I but he's not doing it on the floor by himself yet. That's not to say he can't move on his own. He can kind of shuffle across a surface if he's really trying to get to the other side. Other than that, Avery is doing great. Sleeping through the night, eating all his fruits and vegetables and just being a good little boy. His personality is really coming out and it's so much fun to just watch him grow.

As for Rick and I, we are both doing well too. Rick finally finished up all his interviews. He did 11 interviews throughout the states of Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia, and Kentucky. I think that's it. The top three are in North Carolina. He will have to turn in a rank list of the order in which he would like to go to the programs and then on March 18 ("Match Day"), we find out where we're going for residency. It's a nerve wracking process but it's exciting at the same time. We can't wait to start this new chapter in our lives. It will be a lot of work but hopefully a lot of fun living in another city and meeting new people.

I left my job on December 18 after two and a half years so I could start student teaching. I was able to have about a month off with Avery to spend the holidays and a few weeks before I started school. It was great to be able to spend that time with Avery and he seemed to really enjoy it. He’s become very needy of me and that’s a good feeling even though it drives his daddy crazy when he has to take care of Avery alone and all Avery wants is mommy. :o) Last week, I started my student teaching in a Kindergarten classroom. Because of the holiday and a furlough day, I didn't start until Wednesday, so I was only in there for three days last week. It was a lot of fun though! I'm really trying hard to learn all of the kids' names and that's proving to be the most difficult part so far. This week I am going to start picking up the math lessons for the class. I will eventually end up teaching all day long and my last day in student teaching is April 23. Then my student teaching class will finish up about two weeks after that and I will officially have my Masters in Early Childhood Education. That's a really exciting prospect. I remember the day I talked to the guy at the University of Phoenix about applying for the program and here I am finishing up. And before I know it, hopefully, I'll be in my own classroom.


Another update, since I haven't been on here in a while is about Christmas. Rick and I took two cars home for Christmas and needless to say, we filled them both to the brim to bring all of the toys back that we got for Avery. That little boy racked up! We ended up having to rearrange our living room to bring a cedar chest into the living room just to hold his toys. And he has toys that he won't even play with for a year or so but that's ok. I'm sure all of the toys will get plenty of use!! Christmas went really well. Avery is quickly learning what it means when we put him in his carseat and he doesn't like to be strapped down. So we were thankful there wasn't too much running around. It was great to see everybody since we probably won't be able to come home next year because of Rick's work schedule. We'll see though.

Anyways, I think that's about it for now. Here are some pictures from Christmas for everyone's enjoyment. I hope to continue to update more regularly from now on!





No comments: