Monday, September 28, 2009

Life...

So, we are coming up on Avery being 3 months and I thought I would reflect on how the last three months has gone. Life is good! Avery's personality is coming out more and more every day. He is smiling all the time and on the verge of laughing. His is very active and he's learning to play by himself without crying (although I can't convince his daddy of that!) Rick and I are loving being parents, it's the most amazing thing in the world. I can't believe we made such an adorable little baby. We just look at him most days and say "Can you believe he's ours??" It's just incredible. He's still not sleeping through the night, which is tough sometimes when I have work, school, Avery and things around the house to take care of and I'm getting 2 or 3 hours of sleep a night. But we're working on it...

Another thing in the life of Avery is that we have finally scheduled his baptism. We thought it would be very special to have Pastor Bob baptize Avery considering he baptized Rick and I as well as married us in his church where we met. Now he will be baptizing our son on October 25 at 11:00. We bought him a little outfit yesterday that is a white onesie with a cross on it and socks to match. So adorable!

We also bought Avery's Halloween costume yesterday and tried it on him and it is SOOO cute! He's going to be a monkey. The outfit has a big padded belly in the front so it makes him look like he has even more of a rounded belly than he really does.

We have also decided to host Thanksgiving at our house this year. It's going to be a lot of fun with him. We did this a few years ago and we are going to do it again since I'm sure Christmas will be crazy. Speaking of Christmas, I think Rick and I have a plan in place, but we are still working out the kinks so that we can make sure that everybody gets time around Christmas without running around too crazy. The last thing we want to do on Christmas is have a fussy baby and drive around the city all day. :o)

As for life with Rick and I, things are going good. I am scheduled to start my student teaching (to complete my masters) in January and unofficially, I have been placed with my #1 choice of teachers and I'm really excited about that. Rick is doing great, I couldn't be more proud of him. He so far has 9 interviews throughout the months of November, December and January all across the southeast for residency programs in OBGyn. We are both hoping that we'll be able to experience living in another state but we would be happy to stay in Augusta too! We know that God will take us where we're supposed to go. And we'll know where that is in March on Match Day. Can't wait for that day!

That's pretty much all for now. Life is going good, I love being a mom, but it's hard sometimes being a working mom. I know people have done it before me and will do it after me but there are some days where I just want to be at home with Avery. Hopefully soon enough I will have a lighter schedule so I can spend more time with my little man. :o)

One last thing: I will get some pictures up here shortly of Avery smiling. Such a cutie!

No comments: